Economics DepartmentSince Year: 1991
Hindustani Education Society’s Azad Mahavidyalaya, Ausa was established in the year of June 1991 and in the same year the Department of Economics came into existence.
Economics is one of the important optional subjects taught at B.A.-I, II- and III-year degree course in our college. The students from minority and rural background were provided the opportunity to pursue their higher studies in Economics. Hence the responsibility of the department is very huge one. The department of Economics is dynamically involved in the process of teaching, learning and evaluation since its establishment. It has been always determined to increase the level of quality education understanding various kinds of curricular and co-curricular activities for the students. It believes in high performance and quality standards in pursuing the higher education and often forwarded its steps in this regard. Apart from the regular teaching-learning, it also tries to impart informal education like inculcating the human values such as among the students. Most of the students of our department have been teachers, assistant professors and doing jobs in different fields. Department of Economics sensitizes students towards different fields of economics to promote future professionals in the fields such as education research business, and publishing.
Objectives of the Department:
- To develop interest for the subject among the students.
- To develop economic attitude among the students.
- To provide higher education in economics to minority and rural students.
- To analyses Indian Economy and the Economy of Maharashtra with the help of different economic data, concepts and theories.
- To enable the students to know the basic economical problems like: inequality, unemployment, poverty, inflation, etc.
- To prepare the students of economics for different types of Competitive Exam like IAS, MPSC, SET, NET, IBS, etc.
- To promote students to undertake research work, self-employment which is useful to current economic situation.
- Provide learner-centric academic and personal enrichment opportunities.
- Empowerment to pursue their goals.
- Sensitizing learners about social, ecological, economic and political issues.
- Endeavoring to find solutions that will benefit society as a whole.
- Positive role modeling in order to create responsible citizens.
The faculty members of the department of Economics are research oriented.They are publishing research papers in national journals. The faculty actively participates in the national and international level seminar and conference.
Area of Research
- Agricultural Economics
- Industrial Economics
- Development and Environmental Economics
- International Economics
- Economy of India
- Economic thoughts
- Labour Economics
The department of Economics is constantly striving for the overall development of the student. Hence it is conducting the following various co-curricular activities of the students.
- Students Seminars
- Wall poster presentation
- Group discussion
- Competitive Exam Guidance
- Guest lectures
- Study Tour
Services & Facilities Available:
- Internet facilities
- Adequate Study material
- Competitive exam Guidance
- Google Classroom
- E content
- Departmental Library
Teaching Staff of Department
|Sr.No.||Faculty Name||Designation||Qualification||Specialization||Photograph||View Profile|
|7||Dr. S. V. Pade||Assistant Professor||M.A., M.Phil., Ph.D.||Economics||Profile|