Urdu DepartmentSince Year: 1991
The department of Urdu was established in the year of 1991. Now it is one of the most prominent departments in the Arts faculty.It comprises of the three streams/ faculties—Arts, Commerce and Science. The students from rural background were provided the opportunity to pursue their higher studies in Urdu Language & Literature. Hence the responsibility of the department is very huge one. The department of Urdu is dynamically involved in the process of teaching, learning and evaluation since its establishment. It has been always determined to increase the level of quality education undertaking various kinds of curricular and co-curricular activities for the students. It believes in high performance and quality standards in pursuing the higher education and often forwarded its steps in this regard. Apart from the regular teaching-learning, it also tries to impart informal education like inculcating the human values such as among students.
Objectives of the Department
1. To create interest of students in Urdu language & literature.
2. To make students to be able to stand on their own by acquiring the basic skills of Urdu language.
3. To appreciate and analyse literary texts from various perspectives.
4. To create skills in the students required for employment.
5. To urge students to perceive themselves as professionals in teaching, publishing, or research.
6. To acquaint the students of job opportunities in the field of language & literature.
Aim & Objectives
The Department aims at promoting awareness among students about the importance of learning the language and literature written in Urdu.
Urdu is taught at two levels at the under graduate program me.
It is taught as a second language at the first and second year of the under graduate program me in the faculties of Arts, Science and Commerce.
- It is taught as an optional subject at the three years degree program me in the faculty of Arts (B.A)
- At the second language level, the department aims at enabling the students.
- To acquire the language skills by knowing the principal of writing rules and traditions.
- To know the verity of utility of Urdu language.
- To study the translation and the language of the translation.
- To study the specialties of the utility of the language according to its object & the structure.
1. Dr. Sardar Pasha A.K is Ex. Principal & HOD Urdu inAzad Mahavidyalaya Ausa Dist. Latur (MS) 413520 India.
2. He awardedPh.D. from Gulbarga University; Gulbarga in the year 2006 in Urdu also completed M.Phil. from Gulbarga University, Gulbarga in the year 1996 in Urdu subjects
3. His M.A has completed from Gulbarga University, Gulbarga in 1995 in subject Urdu.
4. He is both SLET and NET completed in 1996 and 2000 in Urdu.
5. He is working experience HOD in Azad Mahavidyalaya from 1997 till now.
6. Principal at same college from 2008 to 2019.
7. He teaches prose & Poetry Afana Nigari, Khakanigari criticism etc.
8. Research experience 10 years.
List of Publications
A) A book written on Mujtabha Hussain BA Haisiyatkhakanigar
1) Chairman B.O.S
3) Academic council
6) Paper setting
8) Selection committee
9) Affiliation committee
10) Research committee
11) UG Experience 23 years
12) PG Experience 10 years
13) Research guide for 10 years
14) Director Study center YCMOU, Nashik
15) Director study center MANUU, Hyderabad
17) Subject expert
18) Principal Experience 11 Years
Dr. Md Nasirullah Ansari:
1) Dr. Md Nasirullah Ansari is Assistance Professor in department of Urdu in Azad Mahavidyalaya Ausa Dist Latur (MS) 413520 India.
2) He awarded Ph.D. from SRTMU Nanded in the year 2011.
He is NET completed in the year 2002 in Urdu
3) He is working experience is Assistance professor in Azad Mahavidyalaya from 1999 till now.
4) He teaches prose & Poetry Afana& Navel Nigari, Khakanigari Criticism etc.
5) Research experience 5 years.
List of Publications
A) A book written on “Nazir FatehpurikiShairikayenat”
2) Paper setter
5) Subject expert
6) Co-Ordinator (YCMOU)
1) Dr. Sardar Pasha A.Kis recognized Ph.D. Guide of S.R.T.M.U Nanded. Four research scholars are doing Ph.D.one Ph.D.awarded &two M.Phil. awarded.
2) Dr. Md Nasirullah Ansari is recognized Ph.D. Guide of S.R.T.M.U Nanded. One research scholars are doing Ph.D.&one Ph.D. awarded. All the faculty members of the department of Urdu are research oriented. They are constantly publishing research papers in the national and international journals. Some of them have published books also. The faculty actively participates in the national and international level seminars and conferences.
The department of Urduis constantly striving for the overall development of the students. Hence it is conductingthe following various co-curricular activities for the students.
- Azad Urdu Language Club
- Urdu Literary Association
- Students’ seminar
- Wall poster presentation
- Online Quiz on Grammar and Literature
- Guest Lectures
- Group Discussion
Services & Facilities Available:
- Internet Facility
- Adequate Study Material
- Practical Demonstrations
- Competitive Exam Guidance
- Skill Enhancement Course
- Career Guidance &Counselling
- Google class room
- E content
- Departmental Library
Teaching Staff of Department
|Sr.No.||Faculty Name||Designation||Qualification||Specialization||Photograph||View Profile|
|16||Dr. Sardarpasha A. K.||Assistant Professor||M.A., M.Phil., Ph.D. SET||Urdu||Profile|
|25||Dr. N. I. Ansari||Assistant Professor||M.A., Ph. D. NET||Urdu||Profile|