History DepartmentSince Year: 1991
Hindustani Education SocietyAusa’s AZAD MAHAVIDYALAYA, AUSA Dist. LATUR was established in the month of June 1991 and in the same year the department of History came into existence. The department has faced many challenges like student strength infrastructure etc. in the beginning but it has emerged victorious during all these 24 years after establishment. Today the department has achieved many feats since inception. It now has experienced and very well-versed faculties, who are hardworking and dedicated towards achieving newer vistas in the field of education and research.
Head of the department Dr. ShaikhShajahan Basher himself is a very experienced and has keen interest in research and educational innovations. He is interested in collection of coins and copper plates and archaeological monuments. He has published 27 research papers through journals of national and international repute with good impact factors.
Another faculty Dr. Ladaf Shafee Khaja Mainoddin has been awarded M.Phil and Ph.D. degree. He has a very sound academic background. And also sanctioned one minor research project by U.G.C. New Delhi. Also published 20 research papers in conference and journals
2) Objectives of the Department: -
- To Provide Quality education in history to rural and economically weaker students.
- To create interest to opt for History as a Major Subject in Higher education
- To Make the students creative and research oriented.
- To raise the standard of our students to global levels and make them employable.
- To Provide a platform to the students to exhibit their talents & creativity.
- To provide healthy and student centric teaching learning environment.
- To improve the applied perspectives among the students
5) About Research: -
Dr. Shaikh S.B. & Dr. Ladaf S.K. are the recognized Ph.D. Guides of STRMU Nanded. one Students is working onhis Ph.D. work under Dr. Ladaf S.K. All the faculty members of the dept. of History are research oriental. they are constantlypublishing research papers in the National and International Journals. Both are published one book also the faculty actively participates in the national and International level seminars and conferences.
6)Achievements of Teachers
- The faculties have worked in examination as paper setters, examiners.
- The faculties have acted as subject expert, to conduct interview of lectures at different colleges.
- Learning in the informal mode is practiced in which students interact with teacher’s guest faculty.
- Students are encouraged to attend various state/National Level conferences organized by the neighboring colleges.
8) Best Practices
- Senior Students are encouraged to teach junior students.
- Digital class room is used for power point teaching various topics using.
- Internet facility is provided for faculties and students.
- Departmental library.
- Question paper bank for help of students in preparing for the exams.
Teachers work is evaluated by the students, by HOD and by the Principal.
10) Future Plans:-
- To conduct a greater number of syllabus-oriented seminars from the students
- To conduct life skill development programmes regularly after the class hours.
- To give various project work to develop the departments
- To improve HISTORY HERITAGE lab with charts, models, coins, inscription photos etc.
- To train the students for job opportunities
Teaching Staff of Department
|Sr.No.||Faculty Name||Designation||Qualification||Specialization||Photograph||View Profile|
|8||Dr. S.B. Shaikh||Assistant Professor||M.A., M.Phil., Ph.D., SET||History||Profile|
|28||Dr. S.K. Ladaf||Assistant Professor||M.A., M.Phil., Ph.D.||History||Profile|