Sociology DepartmentSince Year: 1991
The Department of sociology was established in the year of 1991. Now it is one of the most prominent in the arts faculty. It comprises of the two streams / faculties – Arts. The students from rural background were provided the opportunity to pursue their higher studies in sociology. The Department of sociology is dynamically involved in the process of teaching, learning and evaluation since that establishment, it has been also determined to increase the label of quality education. Undertaking various kinds of curricular and co-curricular activities for the students. The most of the students of our department have been teachers and assistant professors and doing jobs in different fields.
1. To Create interest in Sociology Among the Students
2. To Encourage the Students for Social Research
3. To Inculcatethe Teaching of Gender Equality.
4. To Make Consciousness to Words Trends in Globalization
5. To Acquaint the Students Contemporary Social
6. Problems and to take the Effects for Over Coming Them.
- Study tour at “Anandvan”.
- To Organize National Level Seminar /Conference /Workshop.
- Use of photograph teaching method
· The Department of sociology is constantly striving for the overall development of the students. Hence it is conducting the following various co-cocurricular activities of the students.
- Azad Sociology Club.
- Student Seminar.
- Sociological Association.
- Guest Lectures
- Group Discussion.
- Educational Tour.
- Tree Plantation.
- Students Carrier Guidance.
Services and Facilities available:
- Adequate study material
- Competitive Exam. Guidance.
- Skill Enhancement Course.
- Career Guidance and Counseling
- Departmental Library.
Teaching Staff of Department
|Sr.No.||Faculty Name||Designation||Qualification||Specialization||Photograph||View Profile|
|24||Mr. S. N.Patil||Assistant Professor||M.A.||Sociology||Profile|
|35||Dr. J.D. Salunke||Assistant Professor||M.A., M.Phil., Ph.D.||Sociology||Profile|