Department of physics was established in the year 1991.The department has faced many challenges like student strength; infrastructure etc. in the beginning but it has emerged victorious during all these 29 years after establishment. Today the department has achieved many feats since its inception .The department has well experienced, hardworking and dedicated faculty.
- To provide learner-centric academic and personal enrichmentopportunities.
- To impart skills which can translate into practical applications for the industry.
- To empower the students to pursue theirgoals.
- To inculcate analytical attitude and scientifictemperament.
- To sensitize learners about social, ecological, economic and scientificissues.
- To endeavor students to find solutions that will benefit society as awhole.
Research and MoUs:
Principal, Dr. E. U. Masumdar is a recognized research guide in Physics. Under his guidance two research scholars are awarded Ph. D and two are working for Ph.D. Likewise, under his guidance two candidates are awarded M.Phil. in computer science by Yeshwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University. Nasik. He has 70 research publications in International journals. He has completed one major and one minor research project in Physics funded by UGC New Delhi.
Dr M A Barote is also recognized research guide in Physics. Under his guidance four students are working for Ph.D. He has published 62 research papers through journals of national and international repute with good impact factors. He has completed one minor research project funded by U.G.C. New Delhi.
Mr. B. D. Ingale is pursuing Ph. D. He has also completed one minor researchproject funded by U.G.C. New Delhi. He has published eight research papers.
Areas of Research: Thin film Physics, Photovoltaics, Gas sensor, ferrites and Supercapacitor. The department has Electronicbalance.Heater withstirrer,LCRMeter,HeatingFurnace,HotPlate,Quartz Distilled waterplant,Luxmeter for completing project work.
MoUs: The department has MoU with
- Dept of physics, Arts Science and Commerce College Naldurg Dist. Osmanabad.
- Dept of Physics, Yeshwant Mahavidyalaya TuljapurDist. Osmanabad.
For Academic Exchanges.
Teaching Staff of Department
|Sr.No.||Faculty Name||Designation||Qualification||Specialization||Photograph||View Profile|
|1||Dr E. U. Masumdar||Principal||M.Sc. Physics Ph.D.||Physics||Profile|
|20||Dr. M. A. Barote||Assistant Professor||M.Sc., M.Ed., M.Phil., Ph.D. PGDBA||Physics||Profile|
|21||Mr. B. D. Ingale||Assistant Professor||M.Sc., M.Phil.||Physics||Profile|