Fishery Science Department
Hindustani Education Society’s Azad Mahavidyalaya, Ausa Dist. Latur was established in the year 1991 and in the same year the department of Fishery science came into existence. The department has faced many challenges like student strength; infrastructure etc. in the beginning but it has emerged victorious during all these 27 years after establishment. Today the department has achieved many feats since its inception. It has now experienced and very well-versed faculties, who are hardworking and dedicated towards achieving newer horizons in the field of education and research. This department offers Fishery science subject for B.Sc. Part – I, II, III classes. The department offers UG programs. So far maximum number of students has completed their B.Sc. degree offering Fishery science at graduation level in the college.
Head of the department Dr. KordeS.S. herself is a very experienced and has keen interest in the research and educational innovations. She has published 28research papers through journals of national and international level.
1) To create awareness among the students about the fishery science.
2) To improve the quality of laboratory and field work for which study tools and excursions have been made compulsory so that the student can become familiar with fisheries and ecosystem of that area to prepare such a dynamic curricula by in cooperating innovative concepts and a multidisciplinaryApproach which can attract and develop interest among the students for selecting fishery science as their career.
3) To make awareness regarding Conservation and management of natural freshwater recourses and biodiversity.
4) To promote the students regarding the research and development in fisheries sector.
5) To provide and promote the skill based practical knowledge through skill development courses.
6) To create the job opportunities and employment through fisheries education.
7) To provide the trained skillful hands to serve in government, private and industrial sector.
8) To promote the fisheries co-operatives sectors for fish production, marketing and extension to support the national economy through education.
9) To acquire the knowledge regarding the fish preservation and fish byproduct technology.
10) To obtain the knowledge regarding the fish disease management for high yield production.
Dr. Korde Seema Sheshrao is the Recognized Ph.D. guides of Swami Ramanand Teerth Marathwada University, Nanded. One research Scholar is doing Ph.D. under the guidance of Dr. Korde S. S.
She, the Faculty member of the Department of the Fishery Science is Research Oriented. She is constantly publishing research papers in the national and international journals.
She has Published 2 books also.
The Faculty actively participates in the national and international level seminars and conferences.
Area of Research:
- Fresh Water Fish Cultivation.
- Fishing Gear Technology.
- Fish Processing.
- Fisheries Ecology and Management.
- Aquatic Ecology and Management.
- Pearl Culture Development in the Coastal and Fresh water areas.
- Reservoir Fisheries.
- Marine Fisheries.
The Department of Fishery Science is constantly striving for the overall development of the students. Hence it is conducting the following various co-curricular activities for the students.
- Group Discussion.
- Guest Lectures.
- Poster presentation.
- Student Seminar.
Services and Facilities Available:
- Well Equipped Laboratory.
- Internet Facility.
- Adequate Study Material.
- Practical Demonstrations.
- Skill Enhancement Course.
- Career Guidance and Counseling
- E Content.
- Departmental Library.
Teaching Staff of Department
|Sr.No.||Faculty Name||Designation||Qualification||Specialization||Photograph||View Profile|
|33||Dr. S.S. Korde||Assistant Professor||M.Sc., Ph.D.||Fishery Science||Profile|