Azad Mahavidyalaya, Ausa | College Committees
Grievance Redressal Committee
Grievance Redressal Committee
As per the rules and regulations addressed by the UGC and S. R. T. M. University Nanded, for student or other stake holders in a Technical Institution, “Grievance Redressal Committee” of Azad Mahavidyalaya, Ausa, has been constituted with following Staff in different positions to enquire the nature and extent of grievance.
- PROCEDURE, PERIODICITY AND ATTENDANCE AT MEETINGS:
- The Grievance Committee will meet as and when required. However, if necessary, it may meet more frequently at the instance of the Chairman or at the request of the other members to discuss the various issues received.
- At least three members of the Grievance Committee shall be present in a meeting.
- If a member of the Grievance Committee is connected with the grievance of the aggrieved individual, the concerned member of the Grievance Committee shall not participate in the deliberations regarding that individual's case.
- If the aggrieved person happens to be a member of the Grievance Committee, then he/she shall not participate in the deliberations as a member of the Committee when his/her representation is being considered.
- The Grievance Redressal Committee shall consider all grievances submitted in writing by an individual member of the Centre regarding employment/ association, working conditions and any other alleged injustice done to an employee/ student while discharging his/her duties at the Centre.
- The Grievance Redressal Committee shall study the petition/ application and after looking into the relevant documents discuss with those concerned and submit its recommendations and report to the Director as expeditiously as possible, but in any case within three months of the date of petition/application.
- In case of any difficulties, the Grievance Committee shall have discussion with the Director before a decision is taken.
- The Grievance Redressal Committee may mediate between the complainant and defendant against whom the complaint has been made, if required
- The Director, as far as possible, shall be guided by the advice of the Grievance Redressal Committee unless the recommendations of Committee violate basic rules and norms of the Centre.
- Any dead-lock shall be resolved by the Director.
- The final settlement of any grievance shall be made within a reasonable period (normally not exceeding one month) after the recommendations are submitted to the Director by the Grievance Redressal Committee.
- The aggrieved member shall submit his/her petition to the Chairman, Grievance Redressal Committee in a sealed envelope marked "confidential".
- On receipt of a petition the Grievance Redressal Committee will endeavour to send its recommendation to the Director within one month if possible, but in any case not beyond three months, for further action.
- In case of false and frivolous complaint (if proved), the Grievance Redressal Committee will recommend Director/ Disciplinary Authority to take appropriate action against the complainant.
|1||Dr. M. A. Barote||Chairman|
|2||Dr. N. K. Syed||Member|
|3||Dr. M. B. Motegaonkar||Member|
|4||Dr. S. V. Badgire||Member|
|5||Mr. S. N. Patil||Member|